In this video we will walk you through prepping your sprinkler system for blowout/winterization. You will learn to:
1. Find your sprinkler shut off valve (0:07)
2. Turn off the water to your sprinkler system (0:43)
3. Prep your backflow preventer for blowout (0:55)
4. Turn your sprinkler controller off (1:32)
5. Drain your system after your blowout/winterization (1:40) – YOUR DOOR HANGER AFTER YOUR BLOWOUT MAY INDICATE YOU NEED TO COMPLETE THIS STEP
EXPECTING COLD WEATHER?
Typically, your pipes will be fine until the temperature reaches about 27 degrees F since the pipes are usually near the house and protected. It is important to realize that the pipes in the ground will not freeze, since the ground isn’t cold enough. The only thing that might freeze is the pipe outside the house and/or the backflow preventer. That is why you will want to follow the steps in the video.